The Weekender is back! Featuring: our top 10 most read; five things we have learned; and the week in one chart:this week, the rupee.
The week’s most read:
- Which is scarier – Brazil’s taxman or a murderous husband?
- Mexico’s marches, Colombia’s riots
- Brazil and Mexico: trading places?
- Western banks still betting on China
- EM selloff overdone, says Chow of Barclays
- Kenya: want a shell company? No question
- Guest post: Moldova’s European ambitions
- Mexican peso: down but not out
- Venezuela: first no toilet paper, now no power
- Poland overhauls pension funds to clear public debt
Five things we have learned:
- Chinese regulators are clamping down on empty space (in cosmetics)
- Want to buy Eike Batista’s boat? He’s selling.
- DR Congo is a safer bet than Greece, according to Moody’s
- Xi is outmanoeuvring Gazprom
- Ukraine’s president, Viktor Yanukovich has an interesting new neighbour
The week in a chart: