Daily Archives: November 9, 2010

John Gapper

Amazon’s move to offer newspaper and magazine publishers 70 per cent of the revenues from selling their periodicals on Kindles is a testimony to the power of competition.

Amazon’s original terms were that it would take up to 70 per cent of the price itself, leaving publishers only 30 per cent. Since then, the launch of the iPad has given publishers an alternative – and one they are more excited about. Read more