While Iraq is still a difficult place to find work, companies continue to get business.
On Tuesday, Halliburton announced it had been awarded a contract by Eni to provide a range of integrated energy services to help redevelop the Zubair field in southern Iraq. Read more
Cairn Energy has been forced to suspend its operations on one of its rigs in the Arctic after four Greenpeace campaigners scaled the rig early on Tuesday morning in a bid to stall oil drilling in the region. The UK oil and gas explorer has plans to drill four wells off Greenland’s west coast, but the recent BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico has raised fears over the risks of offshore drilling. Greenpeace’s interruption may only be temporary this time but expect more protests over the coming weeks. Read more
Elsewhere this Tuesday:
- And you thought radiation was a problem just for nuclear plants?
- Risk-taking rises as oil rigs in Gulf drill deeper
- Ed Markey: Dangerous climate picture impossible to ignore
- How should progressives respond to the end of the Oil Age? Read more
- Offers made for stakes in GMR’s US unit – FT
- Lenders back off environmental risks – NYT
- US proposes grading cars on emissions and efficiency – Reuters
- Climate panel faces heat – WSJ
- Nansei Sekiyu to shut Okinawa crude distillation unit because of typhoon- Bloomberg Read more