FT: What resulting government would the green party have preferred?
CL: We’d have preferred an election under a fair, inclusive voting system that would have delivered a reasonable representation of what the electorate wants, instead of forcing millions of people into tactical voting. Failing that, it’s clear from our own manifesto that ours is a genuinely progressive, redistributive agenda, with sustainability at its heart, and so we would want a government that was more likely to act on that agenda. We can’t be happy with the idea that the Lib Dems have got into bed with the Conservatives, at least without securing a commitment to proper political and electoral reform.
FT: Why do you think you won? – where do you see the 2nd green MP, and the 3rd, and the fourth…?
Mixed reports have been published recently about the current state and future potential of the UK offshore wind industry.
While one paper last week suggested offshore wind could provide all our electricity needs by 2050, another recently commissioned report is looking into the threat posed by escalating costs of the technology.
- Low estimate of oil spill’s size could save BP millions in court
- BP smoking gun? Oil giant skipped critical testing hours before explosion
- New nuclear energy grapples with costs
- Why global warming ‘skeptics’ refuse to believe scientists
- Florida braces for oil spill, impact on tourism industry
- A Battery That Stores Wind Juice
- Green business winners and losers
- Oil self-regulation happens all around the globe
- Baby sea turtle is first rescued from gulf oil spill slick
- Pictures: heavy oil seeping into Louisiana marshes
- Hurricane season may make spill worse
- Companies respond to oil spill
- Climate Change Hits the Oceans
- Increased CO2 could affect nutritional value of crops
- BP illustration of the two relief wells
- Gulf oil spill: Noone knows how much oil is leaking or where it will head
- Gulf Oil Is in the Loop Current, Experts Say
- Florida tar balls not BP’s
- How responsible is the US government for Gulf oil spill?
- Deepwater rigs pass inspections notes lobby group blog
- Tough US measures needed to beat climate change: experts
- Tar balls found off Key West, as spill shows signs of spreading
- BP Safety violations: OSHA says company has ‘systemic safety problem’
- Solar Sail Hybrid Launches Today From Japan
- Charge your iPhone with solar power
- 2010: Warmest year on record