Fettler Piotr Lichon, is seen through an eye of a bronze mask, as he grinds and polishes a partially finished award for the BAFTA ceremony at a foundry in west London.
A customer browses through used items at a flea market on the outskirts of Jakarta, Indonesia
Benjamin Becker of Germany signs autographs after defeating Lleyton Hewitt of Australia in their second round singles match at the Australian Open in Melbourne
Idols installed on a tableau are wrapped in a plastic sheet to protect them from rain during a media preview for the Republic Day parade in New Delhi
A. M. Ahad/AP
Bangladeshi children on a moving train at a railway station during the second day of a 48-hour general strike called by the opposition Bangladesh Nationalist party in Dhaka, Bangladesh
A man offers his fish for sale at a central fish market in Athens.
Jeff Pachoud/AFP/Getty Images
Traffic is held up as snow ploughs clean the A7 highway near Valence, in southeast France
Workers climb an electric pylon in Kuala Lumpur to install a high-voltage electric power transmission line. Currently 16% of electricity generation in Malaysia is hydroelectric, the remaining 84% being thermal.
On the street outside her home, hairdresser Lisandra works on a woman’s extensions as others await their turn in Old Havana, Cuba.
Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
People walk across a pedestrian crossing in Tokyo.
Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
Parisians wait outside a newspaper kiosk to buy the latest edition of Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris, France. The magazine publisher has increased its print run of the satirical weekly after newsagents across France sold out of the issue within minutes.
A Sadhu or a Hindu holy man takes a holy bath at Sangam, the confluence of the Ganges, Yamuna and Saraswati rivers, on a foggy winter morning during the Makar Sankranti festival in the northern Indian city of Allahabad. Makar Sankranti is celebrated by Hindus across the country and marks the start of the harvest season.
Exam markers inspect students’ exam papers for the national college entrance examination to the higher academy of fine arts at the paper inspection site in Xi’an, Shaanxi province, China.
Brick factory workers warm themselves on a fire during a winter morning at a factory in Lalitpur, Nepal
Fabrice Coffrine/AFP/Getty Images
Two commercial planes cross in the sky on above Payerne airport, France.
A Spanish recortador jumps over a bull during a show in Cali, Colombia.
Rajesh Kumar Singh/AP
A cold rickshaw puller waits for customers in Allahabad, India.
Female Pakistani police commandos take part in an exercise at a police training centre in Nowshera, a district in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. The army has been waging a major offensive against longstanding Taliban and other militant strongholds in the restive tribal areas on the Afghan border for the past six months
A Christmas star on top of a sales booth is pictured against the colorful morning sky at the Christmas market in Dresden, eastern Germany
Two cyclists are reflected in a puddle shortly after a storm on the banks of the river Rhine in Duesseldorf, Germany.