We are borrowing Gideon’s blog to cover Japan’s earthquake. Please keep your comments coming, and please send us any images you have to email@example.com if you are in Japan.
All times are London time, Japan is 9 hours ahead. By Josh Noble and Kanupriya Kapoor in Hong Kong, Leyla Boulton in London, Johanna Kassel and Anora Mahmudova in New York.
2040 - For more on the market reaction to the crisis in Japan, we turn to our colleagues on FT Alphaville for the financial perspective and fascinating commentary on the markets. Some of their Japanese offerings today:
- Prepare to buy Japan… with both hands
- Mrs Watanabe fears a global market dislocation
- PDRCs, the 30-year swap spread and Japan
- The situation in Tokyo, a view from the ground
- The derivatives hour for the Japanese yen
- The unintended consequences of the nuclear scare
And join the US Alphaville team for US markets live at 10 am EST on Friday for a lively discussion of the week’s events, including Japan, and how they influenced the market. Read more