- Aburizal Bakrie, the tycoon-turned-politician, is plotting his path to Indonesia’s presidency. He speaks to the FT about his ambitions, and his biggest weakness.
- Japan has already shown that shifting to a lower-growth model is risky – Martin Wolf looks at how China could manage the transition.
- Vladimir Putin will award a new title of “Hero of Labour” to the mother of 35 foster children in Tula, south of Moscow. The revival of the Stalin-era award, announced by Mr Putin last Friday, is the latest in a series of such moves aimed at boosting patriotism and pride in the former Soviet empire. (in Russian)
- Russell Leigh Moses analyses Xi Jinping’s brand of reform and his idea of the “China Dream”.
- The US Federal Reserve has fuelled an explosion in subprime auto loans.
© The Financial Times Ltd 2015 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.