- Europe is losing ground in the technology race.
- A topless skier has exposed Lebanon’s yearning for substance from its politicians.
- The women in Jordan’s Zaatari refugee camp are displaying a remarkable resilience and building themselves new lives.
- A truce was called in Ukraine. Edward Lucas argues in the Telegraph that Ukrainians have been betrayed by the Europe that they were fighting to be part of. The Wall Street Journal looks at how it has harmed the EU’s foreign policy credibility.
- In the UK, Prime Minister’s Questions has become a source of distinctly unparliamentary infighting between MPs and the Speaker of the House.
© The Financial Times Ltd 2014 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.