- A mood of fear and despondency is gripping France’s Jewish community following a spate of jihadi-inspired shootings in Paris last week that included the murder of four hostages in a kosher supermarket
- Pope Francis departs today for his second trip to Asia today. A few themes to watch as the trip unfolds are: security, China, climate change, reconciliation and modernity
- Brazil’s national development bank BNDES has long played a key role in the economy, providing cheap loans and equity to companies. But its role is facing scrutiny as the belief in state-managed capitalism is tested
- Tensely poised between east and west, Turkey is a nation on the edge — negotiating with the EU but with the Isis jihadi wave lapping at its southern border
- More than 40 world leaders joined the unity march in Paris on Sunday, but many of their policies at home are far from compatible with freedom of speech (World.Mic)
© The Financial Times Ltd 2015 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.