The European Central Bank has once again left interest rates and its quantitative easing programme unchanged following its governing council meeting.
- ECB main rate held at 0.00%, deposit facility at -0.40%
- QE bond buying programme runs till end of 2017 at reduced rate of €60 billion per month
- Risks are still ’tilted to the downside’ says Draghi
- Admits differences of opinion within council over strength of economic recovery
- Draghi has a dig at Germany’s finance minister Schäuble over latter’s criticism of ECB