- As the latest data show that Japan’s economy tipped into a technical recession following an increase in consumption taxes in April, where does Abenomics go from here?
- The build-up of Russian tanks, troops and weaponry in the Donbass region of eastern Ukraine raises the question: What is Russia up to? Military analysts and Kremlin watchers see a number of potential scenarios
- Rather than heralding the return of multilateralism in trade deals, two recent breakthroughs illustrate how even the simplest of things have become insanely impossible to do in the WTO
- Germany’s wacky economic ideology of ‘ordoliberalism’ may have worked well at home, but as a doctrine that has no coherent policy to deal with depressions it is ill-suited to the single currency bloc
- A new plan to stop the killing in Syria means agreeing to a limited truce with the regime in Damascus. It’s repugnant – but is it wrong? (Foreign Policy)
© The Financial Times Ltd 2014 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.