- Nigeria’s president Goodluck Jonathan has insisted that rescheduled polls, delayed on security grounds, will go ahead on time and that they will be free and fair
- Hungary’s contentious deal to award up to €12bn in nuclear contracts to a Russian state-owed company is under threat from European regulators who have the power to block it
- In recent years it has become a revel without a cause. But at last night’s Oscars ceremony winners dedicated their statuettes to sufferers of Alzheimers to immigrant amnesty and female equal rights
- It’s time to kick Germany out of the Eurozone, argues Patrick Chovanec in Foreign Policy
- The port city of Aden seethes with separatist fervour and sedition as Yemen lurches toward civil war and possible disintegration (LA Times)
© The Financial Times Ltd 2015 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.