- Panic is sweeping through the Westminster political establishment over its detachment from voters following the capture of a second parliamentary seat in as many months by the populist UK Independence party
- As the deadline for talks on Iran’s nuclear programme looms, there is already the subtle start of a blame game in anticipation of failure. How Washington and Tehran frame the outcome will be crucial
- Strained tensions between Israel and Jordan over unrest in Jerusalem threaten to scupper a $15bn deal for the kingdom to buy natural gas from the Jewish state
- In a 21st century twist on military exercises, Nato has undertaken the world’s biggest cyber war game simulating sophisticated hacker attacks on its core networks
- ‘Rojava: Syria’s Secret Revolution’: a short documentary explores the democratic experiment underway in the embattled Kurdish enclaves of Syria, collectively known as ‘Rojava’ (BBC)
© The Financial Times Ltd 2014 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.