- Obama use his final State of the Union address to try to cement his legacy on issues from gun control to trade legislation — and give a boost to his possible successor.
- Investors crave transparency from China’s financial regulators but for many, the response to last week’s market turmoil seems farcical
- From a tube of black hair dye, to a stack of DVDs of a narco soap opera, El Chapo’s Mexico safe house offers a glimpse into a life on the run
- Iran has poured concrete into the core of its nuclear reactor as it readies for the lifting of sanctions (The Washington Post)
- The story of David Bowie’s role in helping bring down the Berlin Wall (Buzzfeed)
© The Financial Times Ltd 2016 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.