- Growing numbers of Chinese are using the country’s state-backed bankcards to illegally spirit billions of dollars abroad.
- Ed Miliband, leader of Britain’s opposition Labour party, writing in the FT, rules out a referendum on EU membership should he become prime minister after the next election.
- Happybirthday.com: Richard Waters marks 25 years of the internet.
- Martin Wolf raises the spectre of eurozone deflation.
- In The New York Times Ukraine’s acting president, Oleksandr Turchynov, delivers a message to Moscow
- Writing In The London Review of Books James Meek says Putin didn’t begin invading Ukraine to bring it back into the fold – but to stop it escaping.
- The UN denies altering an image of Palestinian refugees queuing for food in Damascus.
© The Financial Times Ltd 2014 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.