- For all their ideological differences, austerity-loving UK chancellor George Osbourne and his Greek counterpart Yanis Varoufakis share one political imperative: sparing pensioners and older workers from government budget cuts
- A prison project that gives jailed jihadis the chance to discuss the Koran with imams in Nigeria is helping to loosen the grip of the militant group Boko Haram
- Small and medium-sized enterprises in Greece – which make up 90 per cent of the country’s businesses – are facing bleak prospects in the event of a eurozone exit
- How Britain’s khat ban devastated an entire Kenyan town (The Guardian)
- Murdered in Mexico State: The Silent Epidemic of Women Killings in Mexico (Vice News)
© The Financial Times Ltd 2015 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.