- Despite international pledges of hundreds of millions of dollars, West African countries are playing catch-up in the fight to contain Ebola
- Google tops the list of Silicon Valley firms financially backing both Democrats and Republicans, having spent more than $1.4m on political donations
- By allowing oil prices to fall, Saudi Arabia is taking a calculated gamble on its already strained relationship with the US
- Rental America: Why the poor, with no access to credit, no bank account and little cash, can pay $4,150 for a $1,500 sofa
- Dutch motorcycle gang members are fighting Isis in Iraq, reports Vice News
© The Financial Times Ltd 2014 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.