- An efficiency push in Spain may mean the end of siestas and midnight dinners.
- A crucial pillar of India’s democratic edifice – the right to free expression – is being rapidly eroded, with ominous implications.
- German art collector Cornelius Gurlitt is in talk with six claimants seeking artworks stolen from their families by the Nazis.
- North Korea could be using some ominous-looking chest packs to threaten radiological war.
- Immigration in Scotland: the issue worries Scots less than other Britons, but that could change
© The Financial Times Ltd 2014 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.