- If Russia gets away with its incursion into Ukraine, other governments may decide defying America is getting less risky, writes Gideon Rachman.
- Play at being president-for-a-day to get under the skin of South America’s leaders as regional problems expose a lack of unity.
- London has impressed itself upon the world as an imperial metropole, a financial hub, a destination for migrants – and now as a subject of moral panic.
- The father of the boy responsible for the Sandy Hook killings in the US searches for answers.
- Development experts stand accused of empowering dictators and trapping millions in poverty.
© The Financial Times Ltd 2014 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.