- Whoever wins the Indian election will be courting Mamata Banerjee, whose Trinamool Congress has dominated politics in West Bengal and could be the third largest party in parliament.
- Videos and messages on recovered phones bear witness to the sinking of the Sewol ferry off the coast of South Korea.
- Charles Pierce at Esquire rages at the act of barbarism committed in Oklahoma when Clayton Lockett was executed.
- China’s skewed demographics has contributed to social instability and could pose security risks.
- Does high inequality foster culture or should a broader group of people be given freedom from the immediate demands of the marketplace?
© The Financial Times Ltd 2014 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.