- The deadly unrest in Jerusalem has raised doubts about whether Israel’s economy can continue its recovery after this summer’s Gaza war
- German businesses from pipe organ makers to the machine tool sector are feeling the squeeze of sanctions on Russia
- As Singapore prepares to mark 50 years of independence, the model that ushered in its economic miracle is under strain from issues such as income disparity, low birth rates and immigration
- Isis imposes a reign of fear in the hospitals it runs in Iraq, where doctors are compelled to work, there are shortages of medicine and power and full-face veils are mandatory for women
- Colombia is closer than ever to ending its fight with leftist guerrilla, but is it about to let a few rogue actors on both sides ruin everything?
© The Financial Times Ltd 2015 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.