- First Paris, now China – taxi apps are having a tough time of it around the world.
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan has become the source of Turkey’s problems, argues the FT’s David Gardner.
- Many Chinese families say they would not have a second child because of the rising cost of child-rearing.
- A Kafkaesque bureaucracy has muted the opposition in Algeria, says Borzou Daragahi.
- After a long hiatus President Obama is getting involved in the middle east peace process, reports The New York Times.
© The Financial Times Ltd 2015 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.