- Enrico Letta, the Italian prime minister, is fighting for survival and faces calls for a handover of power to “demolition man” Matteo Renzi
- Jabhat al-Nusra is now one of the most effective and dangerous groups battling the Assad regime. The FT looks at how the al-Qaeda affiliated jihadis have won popular support despite their hardline stance
- While countries in southern Europe are beset by youth unemployment, German companies are desperately trying to hold on to older workers
- A Sudanese tycoon talks to the FT about doing business against a backdrop of sanctions and crises
- Iran has become a hub for IVF treatment in the Middle East and would-be parents are trying to reconcile their treatment with Islamic law
© The Financial Times Ltd 2015 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.