By Toby Luckhurst
- Martin Taylor examines the perennial technical problems that plague modern banks.
- The number of Saudi women in work has almost doubled in the last six years, as rising living costs render the tradition of the male breadwinner untenable.
- Turkey more than doubled its weekly repo rate to combat rising inflation.
- The International Energy Agency has warned that Europe faces decades of higher energy prices, which could be ruinous to industry competitiveness.
- The Mafia has been dumping rubbish north of Naples, polluting the area so badly that locals refer to it as the “Triangle of Death”.