- Economix does its take on the Transpacific Partnership and free trade.
- The Archdiocese of Newark doesn’t have enough money to keep a school open, but it does have funds to build a palatial vacation home.
- Roy Isacowitz criticises Benjamin Netanyahu’s definition of boycott supporters as anti-semites.
- Delphine Minoui sees in Egypt a current, real-life version of “Rhinoceros,” the 1959 play by Eugène Ionesco.
- Soviet cuisine is making a comeback.
- David Gardner on how efforts to pressure the Assad regime in Syria have backfired.
- The suspension of Nigeria’s central bank governor, Lamido Sanusi, is likely to cost the country dearly.
- The trial of Wu Guijun, who was accused of disrupting public order during a labour protest in Guangdong, could mark the end of a period of relative tolerance enjoyed by China’s worker movement.
© The Financial Times Ltd 2016 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.