- Isis’s PR department is pushing its vision of an Islamic state.
- Industrialisation has left China with soil pollution that is damaging health and livelihoods across the country. The government had declared soil pollution data a “state secret”, but officials have slowly started acknowledging the issue.
- The US Navy’s most sophisticated warship is designed to be operated by video gamers – the young sailors who crew their ships have, after all, been raised on video games.
- Neil McArthur, a philosopher, asks if humans will ever be liberated from basic biological needs when it comes to sex.
- Steve Negus in The Arabist details how Iraq has been mismanaged by the Maliki goverment.
© The Financial Times Ltd 2015 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.