- The United Arab Emirates is hoping to deliver public services using drones.
- Mitochondrial replacement was developed in the UK, but it might be lost to the US because of government procrastination.
- Wondering what will happen now that the Swiss have backed immigration quotas? Take a look at our Q&A on the topic.
- Gideon Rachman looks at what it means now that two German institutions have registered objections to the policies underpinning the euro. He has also mulled over whether the EU should take punitive action over the Swiss vote – prompting quite some debate.
- Australian authorities have published a graphic novel, seemingly aimed at deterring asylum seekers.
- The New York Times looks at the conflict faced by Palestinians who opt to take jobs in Israeli companies in the occupied West Bank.
- Some Russians are mourning the pre-Putin, pre-Olympic Sochi of their childhoods.
© The Financial Times Ltd 2014 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.