* Britain rejects French overtures for sharing nuclear submarine patrols
* Here is the new Tory “policy triangle” on which their general election campaign is based: make any sense to you?
* Lloyds Banking Group will make a profit in 2010, says Robert Peston
* OFT poised to launch a review of investment bank fees
* New questions over the union “modernisation fund” which provides millions to Unite and others to improve management and training
and…last but not least…
Hugo Rifkind is my new favourite diarist